Suffer from a critical illness? Register with Dubai Police for faster emergency response.
Dubai Police offers service to people with critical illnesses and people of determination
- If you are a person who suffers from a critical illness or are a person of determination, you can register with Dubai Police to ensure you receive prioritised, prompt ambulance service, during an emergency.
- The first few minutes in a cardiac arrest are extremely crucial. Getting the necessary medical attention and help can prove to be the difference between life and death.
- Similarly, people of determination or those with critical illnesses can be particularly vulnerable in emergencies like fires.
- This is why Dubai police launched and offers a service where people can register their details, so that Dubai Police is aware of the person’s case and can prioritise it when they receive a call on 999.
- What is the service? – To register, all you need to do is visit the Dubai Police website – dubaipolice.gov.ae – and click on the ‘individual services’ tab.
- You can then select the ‘Heart disease and people of determination’ icon. Alternatively, you can visit the link: https://www.dubaipolice.gov.ae/wps/portal/home/services/individualservices/criticallyillheartdiseasepatient?firstView=true
- You will then be directed to a page where you would need to provide basic details about yourself, as well as your location, by filling in the form.
- The details include your Makani number, which is a 10-digit number that provides specific details of your location.
- All you need to do is submit the application for Dubai Police to register you in the database.
- Once you register, all you need to do is dial 999 and even if you do not say anything, the police authorities will be able to identify your special case and swing into action.
- The concerned officials will follow up and send an ambulance, equipped to treat cardiac emergencies to the patient.
- Dubai Police can send the ambulance on a priority in under five minutes. The service is also available for the elderly and people of determination.
So, whether you are a person of determination or suffer from a critical illness, this service will ensure you receive medical care faster during an emergency.
About Mike Coady
Mike Coady is an expat expert based in Dubai and is on hand to help with all of the above and more.
Mike is an award-winning money coach and industry leader in the financial sector.
Qualified to UK Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) standards, a member of the Chartered Insurance Institute, a Fellow of the Institute of Sales Management (FISM), a Fellow of the Institute of Directors (FIoD) and featured as a highly qualified Financial Adviser in Which Financial Adviser.
To learn how to choose a great financial adviser, download our free guide.
For more insights, further advice or guidance, you can get in touch HERE.
Blog published by Mike Coady.
Article originally published by Gulfnews.com 20 April 2020.